Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Youngest Son!!

Happy Tuesday!!
Today is my youngest son's Birthday- he's 15!! Wow- I can't believe it!! He decided to stay home from school to spend time with his Mom- how sweet (or was it how sweet of me to let him??) :>. Since it's so hard to make teenagers cards, I had a bit of problem deciding with stamp set to use. I dug around, and found stamps for little kids, then dug some more and found the frogs- not that this is so appropriate for someone turning 15...but this is what he's getting :> I had originally bought this stamp set for a girl at work (uh......yes when I was working) for her to make her nieces baby shower invites, and I've never used it since.
I first stamped the images and then blended them a bit with a blender pen, then took my versa marker and went over the images then used clear embossing powder and embossed the images. I then sponged some water, and a sky for a little more depth...I think the water looks like mountains, but hey.....I'm pretty sure he won't care (I hope)-... Anyway.........here's the card:

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Hoppy For You, and sentiment from Crazy for Cupcakes.
Card Stock: Old Olive (I know, I know, I'm always using it!), Basic Black, Water coloring paper, and DSP from the Sweet Pea paper pack.
Ink:Black Stazon, Certainly Celery, Creamy Carmel, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze (figured it was okay to use since it's coming back in July...YIPPIE)...Apricot appeal, and Not Quite Navy.
Accessories: Basic Black 5/8th Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop border punch, sponges and Stampin dimensionals

Have a great Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment