Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pink and Black

Today's card I wanted to use Pink and Black, but then Old Olive crept in....can't seem to get away from Old Olive- Love the color!! Anyway...I spent the day yesterday going through all of my stamp sets and moving all of the retired ones to two bottom shelf's...and I realized I have more retired sets then I thought. I had them arranged by category, but I decided it was time to take inventory of all of the current ones. Once I was done it was much easier to pick from the pile and grab a set to use to show..Not that retired ones are bad, because there are definite keepers in that pile!! (uh...but no.. I don't need all of them- but then again do we need any of the stamps we have??)My Problem is ribbon........Ohhhh...you can never have too much ribbon. So I thought I would share some pictures of my little area I call my own in the basement, and then I'll show you the card for the day...

This first picture is of two sets of shelf's from Ikea, this is where I keep a lot of my gotta have stuff! :> The Dots on the stamp sets represent which category they belong too.....

The two + bottom shelf's look like this.......which are all retired (all of the Orange dots) I think its time to go through and figure out the gotta have ones and get rid of the other ones to make room for new ones!!

The next pictures is of my ribbon storage, it's from Home Depot and it's used for pantry doors to store food of sorts, but works perfectly to hold a ton of ribbon!!

The next picture is where I store my 8 1/2 x 11 paper and my ink pads...

The Storage for the ink pads was from a school auction, the original purpose was for holding die cuts at a craft store, but works perfectly for the stamp pads, as well as each tray has a matching ink sponge, this way I'm not buying sponges all of the time. Sadly it doesn't hold the re-inkers, but hey it works for me for now! :>

The next two pictures are just misc pictures, it's never ever clean, so I figured I would just snap a couple of pictures anyway...


Okay enough about that, here's the card for the day... It's from the Wedding Set "Together Forever", and you know what, I've never used it for a wedding card, just random cards...Let me know what you think, this was the first time I tired using the ribbon this way, I think I like it, but not sure maybe it's missing something???

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Together Forever
Card Stock: Pretty in Pink, Basic Black Whisper White, Old Olive and DP is from the Sending Love in the mini catalog.
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Old Olive, and Black Staz On
Accessories: Pink Satin Ribbon, Silver Brads, Stick Strip (Red Tape) and glue dots used to hold the ribbon down.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

  1. Great storage pictures.........looks like you have as many retired stamps as I do. Just can't part with them! Love the card. It's beautiful with the touch of Old Olive and I love what you've done with the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete